Chhattisgarh: Sanitation Workers, Three Others Die Inside Septic Tank

Sanitation employees had been known as to scrub a septic tank (Representational)

Mungeli:

Three members of a household and a sanitation employee died after inhaling toxic gases inside a septic tank in Chhattisgarh’s Mungeli district on Tuesday, the police mentioned.

The incident happened at Marrakona village beneath Sargaon Nagar Panchayat space, a police official mentioned.

Sanitation employees had been known as to scrub a septic tank on the home of Mansharam Kaushik, he mentioned.

A member of the Kaushik household was trying inside after the tank was cleaned when he fainted and fell in.

Two different relations climbed down into the tank to rescue him however didn’t come out. One of many sanitation employees went in however he too fell unconscious, the official mentioned.

Villagers knowledgeable the police who retrieved the 4 our bodies after appreciable efforts.

The victims have been recognized as Akhileshwar Kaushik (40), Gaurishankar Kaushik (28), Ramkhilawan Kaushik (45) and sanitation employee Subhash Dagaur (35).

“Prima facie it appears they died after inhaling toxic gases contained in the septic tank,” the police official mentioned, including {that a} case has been registered and additional investigation is underway.

Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel expressed grief over the incident and directed the district administration to offer all doable help to the household of the victims.

(This story has not been edited by NDTV employees and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here