Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday stated that India had probably the greatest COVID-19 restoration charges on this planet, as he delivered a digital keynote tackle at this yr’s Excessive-Stage Phase of the UN Financial and Social Council session of the United Nations.
Listed below are the highlights of what he stated:
- UN was initially born from furies of World Battle II; immediately, fury of COVID-19 pandemic gives context for its rebirth and reform.
- Solely reformed multilateralism with reformed UN at its middle can meet aspirations of humanity.
- Whereas celebrating 75 years of UN, allow us to pledge to reform world multilateral system.
- Multilateralism must symbolize actuality of latest world.
- India firmly believes that path to realize sustainable peace and prosperity is thru multilateralism.
- In struggle in opposition to COVID, our grass-roots well being system helps India guarantee probably the greatest restoration charges on this planet.
- In India, now we have tried to make the struggle in opposition to the pandemic a individuals”s motion.
- COVID-19 pandemic has severely examined resilience of all nations.
- In our joint struggle in opposition to COVID, now we have prolonged assist to over 150 nations.
- UN”s 75th anniversary event to evaluate its position and relevance in immediately”s world.